Monday, September 2, 2013

Real Food Recipe #2- Pumpkin Oat Bars!

Summer is coming to an end and autumn is coming up fast! A lot of people get sad and wish that summer would last forever... NOT ME! I am ready for boots, scarves, layers, sweaters, and flavors!! Baking is one of my favorite things to do and eating clean has challenged me to change the way I bake and to be more creative with my ingredients! So here is a delicious recipe that tastes like fall and looks like Heaven!
 I got the idea for my recipe with this Banana Oatmeal Chocolate Chip Cookie recipe I came across. This was so delicious! I started thinking about what else I could do with this recipe. I had some pumpkin puree left over from the homemade pumpkin sauce I made and wondered if I could make a banana pumpkin bar. So I added more spice, less banana, and pumpkin puree. So GOOD! I was so pleased with how it turned out, that I hopped on here so I could share with you right away!!

This is what you will need:

1 very ripe banana
2/3 cup pumpkin puree
2 cups rolled oats
1 cup pitted and chopped dried dates
1/4 cup coconut oil (or another type of clean oil)
1 tsp cinnamon
1/2 tsp nutmeg
1/2 tsp cloves
1/2 tsp ginger
1/4 tsp salt
1/2 cup chocolate chips (or whatever you want to put in like raisins or almonds)
Honey to taste

1. Preheat your oven to 350 degrees.
2. Mash up your banana in a bowl, add dates, pumpkin puree, and oil
3. Toss your oats in a bowl and add all your seasonings.
4. Mix your dry ingredients into your wet ingredients, then fold in your chocolate chips.
5. Grease an 8"x11" inch dish and spread your dough in evenly.
6. Bake for 25-35 minutes. 
7. Cool and serve!

The great thing about these is that they are delicious and very filling! You can omit the honey and chocolate or mix it up and add coconut! This is very versatile and can easily be adapted into your diet!

Thanks for stopping by my page! If you like this recipe, then you will probably like my Cinnamon Vanilla Glazed Popcorn!!

No comments:

Post a Comment